Some LSC courses are offered with an Honors Optional designation. To receive Honors credit, students need to select to “Take this course with Honors” through the Course Search & Enroll app and meet with the professor early in the semester to ensure they understand how to satisfactorily complete the Honors work by the last day of class.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they are enrolled in honors for these courses. The student is also responsible for removing the Honors Option from their enrollment if they decide to not complete the Honors Optional work.
Honors optional projects are not factored into the student’s final letter grade. If a student is enrolled for Honors and does not complete the Honors project in a satisfactory manner, their instructor will report a “Q” (Question) grade until the Honors designation is removed.
The deadline to add or drop Honors is the end of the twelfth week of the semester. The deadline for the current semester can be found on the Office of the Registrar’s website for dates & deadlines. Removing Honors after that deadline requires approval from the instructor and an Academic Dean.
How to edit Honors Optional enrollment:
- Log in to MyUW and go to Course Search & Enroll.
- Select “My Courses,” then “Enrolled,” to see a list of your current courses.
- Select the course that you wish to edit.
- Select “See Sections” to display the section in which you’re enrolled.
- Select the appropriate “Do Not Take this Course with Honors” or “Take this Course with Honors” button.
- Click “Save.”