LSC’s graduate program – a leader in professional training and scholarly communication research – is an ideal place for graduate students interested in (science) communication for many reasons, including:
- Graduate faculty among the most prolific and highly cited in the world, doing cutting-edge federally funded research.
- Exciting research programs in core areas of communication theory and methodology, with an emphasis on the life sciences, including health, environment, technology, and energy.
- A joint Ph.D. program that ranks among the top two in the country in scholarly influence and graduate placement.
- Two Masters degrees – either professional track or research thesis.
- A cutting-edge teaching and research facility.
- Excellent student funding, including opportunities to work on federally funded centers.
- One of the most highly-ranked universities in the social sciences, ahead of Columbia, Yale, Stanford, Johns Hopkins, the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of Chicago.
- The only university, other than Johns Hopkins, that has been ranked in the top five research institutions in terms of federal research funding for the last 20 years.
- A perfect setting in the heart of one of the great state universities in the world – a block from the blue water of Lake Mendota, surrounded by a great capital city (one of Kiplinger’s Top-10 cities of 2009) with one of the top health care systems in the country (see wiscipedia.wisc.edu for more information).